The new facility, a two-story 30,000-square-foot building, is better equipped to handle a Wi-Fi network in order to cater to expanding research and educational needs.
Founded in 1898 by the Los Gatos Floral Society, the first city library was located in a store on Main Street, built on stilts over the Gatos Creek. Industrialist and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie gave Los Gatos a $10,000 grant in 1901 to build a new library, which was completed in 1903 on University Avenue. Over the next century, the library faced a number of changes and growth opportunities, and in 2007 it was determined that a modern facility would be the next step for the Los Gatos Public Library. In January 2012, the old library closed its doors, and the new library opened to the public the following month.
Project DetailsProject Name:
Los Gatos Public Library
City of Los Gatos